I like to cook. Sometimes my daughter likes to eat.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Egg Puffs" for Breakfast

This recipe is from Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious. I'm not really a fan of hiding veggies, but the high-protein, quick and savory nature of this breakfast dish appealed to me. I do not prefer sweet food first thing in the morning.

This is sort of like a savory mini-Dutch Baby, and it was great with Primavera salsa. It comes together very quickly, in the time it takes to heat the oven, although I'd consider making the batter the night before to see if that speeds things by much.

2 eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin or winter squash
2 T shredded cheese
1 T w/w flour, 1 T all-purpose flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray four ramekins with canola oil and place on cookie sheet lined with foil. Whisk ingredients together and divide into four ramekins. Bake until puffed, and not runny when pierced, 13-15 minutes. Serve immediately.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home