I like to cook. Sometimes my daughter likes to eat.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Gung hay fat choy!

This Lunar New Year I finally learned to be okay with making a dish or two rather than a banquet. Enjoyed dinner a great deal more. Also enjoyed these recipes from Kylie Kwong's Simple Chinese Cooking:

White Radish Salad, made with watermelon daikon from the CSA box. Gorgeous! A little salty, cut the recipe by 1/2 T next time. I sliced the green onions thinly rather than julienned them, for the sake of time. Delicious with the noodles, but also would be great on a banh mi!

Stir-Fried Hokkien Noodles with Prawns, Chilli and Bean Sprouts: I added a red bell pepper, thinly sliced, with the onions. Didn't use the chile but put sambal olek on the table to add as we pleased. I also minced the ginger and garlic, and added them a minute after the onions and peppers, then proceeded with the recipe 30 seconds later.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home